Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - DIY cupcake stand



I have my son's birthday party coming up and it seems like it is party season!  Baby showers, birthday parties, anniversaries, and weddings.  So I saw this cute tutorial and thought you all might be able to put it to good use!  The fun part is that the parts are all customize-able with different scrap book papers and wrapping papers.
Cupcake cake stand
Find the complete tutorial here at cake journal.

One note, you could probably find something other than cake boards for the three tiers to make it cheaper.  I would also add a dowel down the center to stabilize it as kids grabbing for cup cakes aren't very gentle and this could come toppling down with out a dowel to brace it!

Let me know how it runs out.  Have a great end of summer!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your "about me" and giggled! I love your sense of humor!(esp the "long walks on the beach, j/k" and the "did I forget a kid?" lol Isn't is awesome how God blesses us with simple things like laughter?
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I wrote you a comment on there too...lol
God Bless!

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Thanks Brandi! I am really enjoying your blog as well. Have a great day. Kristy

Beauty and The Green said...

Your blog is fantastic! I love this idea, it looks really cute and am sure I can customize it for a grown up gals party. Hmmmm, now I am feeling really creative thanks to you.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I will surely come back to visit again.

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Thanks! Hope you have a crafty fun day! Enjoying your blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy!
This blog is fantastic!! And I'm a huge fan of D.I.Y. projects, so keep 'em comin!! Love that cupcake stand.
Thanks for stopping by @ http://sahmcity.com

God bless,
Jackie

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Thanks Jackie! I love DIY and anything creative, so there will be lots more. I am loving your blog as well. Kristy

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Following you back from A Creative Spirit. LOVE this idea to make a cupcake stand.... thanks... looking forward to getting to know youi.