Monday, February 27, 2012

Sewing - a guide to altering the bodice to achieve different styles.

I love this helpful drawing! I have been trying to learn more about sewing clothes, and altering or up-cycling clothes.  The drawing here is a helpful overview but if you go to the link below the photo you can find a detailed chart on each alteration. I love the idea of altering clothes I already have or thrift store finds to create what I want.  With 4 small children and a very limited budget I need to be creative to wear the clothes I want.  So I am learning to make what I want.  I am only in the beginning stages but already I am excited about what a few simple sewing skills can net you.


схема моделирования вытачек лифа
From make-handmade
So go check out the link above and get chopping!  Let me know what you are making at the moment.  I am working on a little black dress but it not turning out as flattering as I want it to, and a fun bright sun dress from a simple "new look" pattern.  Make sure if you are new to sewing and picking up a pattern to start creating that you take your measurements and compare the exact measurements to the pattern and NOT just the size number!  I am about 6-8 sizes larger than my normally size when I buy a stock pattern,.so pay close attention to that!
Photobucket

1 comment:

ChestnutRailroad said...

I can't figure out how to get to the make-handmade site you link with the picture of the bodices. Do you have the updated link?