Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FREE patterns for the baby apron and reversible smock- great gifts!

Feel like sewing up something quick fun and practical? Here are two great ideas with patterns and tutorials.  I would like to make both!


You can find Jess' amazing tutorial here Bapron tutorial

And for an old fashioned but oh so cute and useful idea make a smock.  I plan on making a few of these so my daughter can wear it over her clothes at home then just take it off when we head out revealing a perfectly clean shirt! Yeah no more bibs that feel like bibs!  Bella my little 2yr old  is not a fan of the plastic bib with clothes pin (since the Velcro wore out!)  Aren't they so cute!! Aimee at Homespun threads has generously made all her patterns FREE. Be sure to check them out as there are so many fun things to choose from!

 Find the smock pattern here Free reversible smock pattern
I am beat! I did a crazy workout today and have been getting up at 5 am to walk and pray with a friend (only guaranteed time the kids will not be needing me and my husband can just keep on sleeping!), so I better head to bed now and dream of what fabric I will be using!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

would be nice, if you could actually get it.

Tara said...

can you correct your information? the pattern is not free... so misleading for those actually looking for free patterns.

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

She provided it free when this post was written. I dont go years back in posts to double check that the free patterns are still free. It was generous while it lasted and I made a few from her pattern and am sorry it is no longer free for you.

Fada Li Pirlimpimpim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fada Li Pirlimpimpim said...

may you send the baby apron pattern by mail?

Kristy said...

When I posted this years ago you just clicked the link and the pattern author had it for free.

Fada Li Pirlimpimpim said...

but you still have that pattern?

Kristy said...

I don't have it as my kids are past that age now and we have moved. Sorry you'll have to get it from the original author where it used to be posted as a freebie