Monday, April 16, 2012

Easy to Follow Strength Training Guide for Women

I love getting more bang for my buck!  Whether it is a dinner that doubles as a whole new meal the next night with a few tweaks, or a reversible dress I love getting more for less!  In working out I feel the same.  If I can get a better workout in less time then I am all for it!  I love weight lifting for that reason.  When you lift weights you burn calories, build muscles, and raise your heart rate all at the same time.  This easy to follow guide gives you a great overview for working out the major muscle groups.  A good rule of thumb is to use weights that weigh enough to fatigue your muscles by the 8th-12th rep. Then do 3 sets of 8-12 reps.  Give your muscles a day of rest in between strenuous workouts.  This is when the muscle repairs itself and builds strength.  If you plan to workout every day then alternate muscle groups.  For instance work upper body then lower body the following day to allow your muscles to rest.  So print this out, grab 20 minutes and work those muscles!  You will feel it!
Photo from  believe-in-your-beauty.tumblr

Photobucket

1 comment:

Muscular Injury said...

This training guide is very helpful to us. Thank you for sharing.