Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's FALL!! Homemade Bagels, Pumpkin Scones, and Quinoa Biscottis!

I LOVE fall!  It is my favorite time of the year!  It means baking, apple cider, sweaters, cuddling up inside and crisp air outside.  My birthday is in September too so that could be part of the love I have for fall... After a summer of avoiding the oven I am ready for the baking to begin.  What is at the top of my list to bake you ask?
WHOLE WHEAT BAGELS!!
Homemade Bagels
I found a great recipe and tutorial for homemade bagels here at The Happy Housewife.  What a great name for a blog.  I love it.  I have never made bagels but always wanted to so this is day.  I plan on making these later today with my kiddos for a homeschool lesson on baking which also doubles as a great math lesson in fractions especially if we double the recipe.

Next on the list? 
Pumpkin scones 
because I love anything pumpkin in fall and who doesn't love scones.
There is a great recipe here at New to Veggie World.  There is an included frosting recipe or glaze, but I prefer my scones with out all the additional sugar.  That may be just me but I am not a big frosting fan.  I actually started to make these the other day but after I got my flour all measured out I realized I had no eggs.  BUMMER!  So as of yet no pumpkin scones for me.  I see them in my very near future!

Now for another treat I am dying to make..
Quinoa Flour Biscottis.
Find the recipe here at the Enlightened Cooking one of my new favorite food blogs.
We all have heard how healthy quinoa is but making it the same way every day can get old so I thought this looked like a fun way to add quinoa to my diet, avoid white flour and get to finally make homemade biscottis! YUMMY!! All this baking talk is making me hungry and making me realize I need to do a workout post soon as all this baking could be detrimental to that healthy body we are all working toward!

Since Pumpkin is a favorite of mine I am sure a recipe post is in order for all things pumpkin.  Like pumpkin butter, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie fruit dip... Oh I could go on forever, but I will save that for another post so you can get baking!  What are your favorite fall recipes?

Photobucket

No comments: