Monday, April 4, 2011

Fitness Freebie - free printable fitness and healthy eating journal

If you are interested in getting in better shape, improving your health or have other diet and exercise related goals the first place to start is by keeping a log of what you do and eat and when.  This not only gives you accountability but gives you a reality check of where you are and what is tripping you up.  You might notice for instance that every day at 3 pm you go for a cookie or other sugary snacks.  Armed with the knowledge of where you struggle you are better prepared to attain your goal.  It also motivates you to NOT eat that brownie if you know you are going to have to write it down.

One of the most effective ways I have shed weight or gotten my eating habits back on track was to simply try to cut 90 calories.  That meant I could eat a cookie but maybe I wouldn't eat the last bite of it, or maybe I really wanted tortilla chips I would just eat less.  It helped me avoid eating things that I just mindlessly picked up, by reminding me that I had to cut somewhere.  It made it really easy to be mindful of what I put into my mouth, so that I could make choices that fueled my body.  It also helps you avoid the eating that is fueled by boredom.  You would be surprised what even a little effort could do for your health.  Now print this off and go for it!

Here is a free printable diet and exercise log or journal thanks to Multimedia designs by Sandy at to help you on your way!  Just click on the link below it to print yours off.

Free printable diet and fitness journal

HOW TO MAKE IT INTO A NOTEBOOK
If you want it formatted to print two to a page on a landscape view please email me and I will be happy to email it to you. To turn it into a book get the 2 per page view from me and print it off front and back.  Now make stacks of 5 sheets.  Once that is done fold all the sheets in half and stack all the booklets together to form one large book.  Print plenty so you can bind it into a notebook that will last you a long time.   Then make a simple cover sheet or use your scrap book materials on cardboard to make a cute cover and back page.  Make sure your cardboard is slightly bigger on all the edges so that your pages do not hang out.  Now all you have to do is take it to the local office supply or copy store to have them bind it with a wire binder or plastic comb for around a dollar!  I will post photos of mine when it is all done and a clear tutorial when I get a chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.. i have been looking for that exactly! I need some hope and positive thinking.. You have done a great job with the whole blog by the way. Keep up the good work! :)
TD.

LauraLee said...

Hi. Love this idea. I would like a copy of the 2 per page.Pretty please? Thanks!!

Thought I would try printing it that way myself ( the choose 2 per page preference) well it still only gave me one but smaller. Guess I could cut paste and print it to make my own pre made two per page but then the quality gets messed with.... so much for trying.

Thanks so much for the tips and inspiration. Love the idea of that book. That is actually the only way I have been able to loose weight whenever I have gained a little..is to a bet with a friend ( don't care who wins...I just love the competition and someone to do it with) :)

Diet Doctor said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information