Friday, June 1, 2012

Bronchitis and the killer flu!

Wow, it has been too long since I posted.  I try to post a few times a week at least but I have gotten so sick this last week and a half.  It started with a flu, that turned into double ear infections, then worked it's way into my lungs to produce a NASTY case of bronchitis.  I was bed ridden the first 5 days,  and seem to still be stuck to the couch quite a bit but the junk in my lungs appears to be making it's exit.

I have been so blessed in the middle of this sickness.  My friends have really been helping out.  A doctor friend came late one night when I was worried my chest my tightening and breathing was more difficult.  He gave me a wonderful at home check up, listened to my lungs, confirmed the bronchitis, checked my ears, checked my oxygen levels (my main concern with baby on board), and gave me an amazing homeopathic to take every 20 minutes.  I have also had to eat a strict no dairy, no wheat,, no sugar diet to reduce any phlem, and drink water non stop.  It has been worth it though as I seem to be improving daily.  The doctor has been checking me out daily to make sure things are clearing properly, my dear friend has been cooking pots of chicken soup (2), running by the store and taking some of my children for me, and my mom has been helping to feed and watch kiddos as well.  I couldn't have asked for things to go better!  I would love to be all the way well, but in the meantime "Thank you Jesus for amazing friends!".

I am still trying to regain my strength and am currently sitting on the couch feeling zapped, surrounded by a dirty house, so it will be a few days for sure before I can write a fun post.  Thanks for the patience!
Photobucket

No comments: