Sunday, April 26, 2009

God thoughts

Just reading and praying and these verses really stuck out to me.  I was just praying about our time here and asking God to speak to me..

“Remember those in prison as if you yourself were fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourself were suffering

 IMG_1394_thumb1

Keep your lives free of the love of money and be content with what you have because God has said

Never will I leave you,Never will I forsake you

So we say with confidence

The Lord is my helper I will not be afraid what can man do to me?

IMG_1348_thumb4

Let us then go to Him outside the camp bearing the disgrace He bore For here we do not have an enduring city but we are looking for the city that is to come. 

IMG_1494_thumb2

And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

 IMG_1077_thumb1

May the God of peace…Equip you with everything good for doing His will and may he work in us what is pleasing to Him through Jesus Christ to whom be glory for ever and ever amen.”

Scriptures taken from Hebrews 13

Just felt God saying don’t think about what we don’t have.  Think about what we can do.  How we can be a blessing.  We don’t do everything we do for a better life here, we do it with an eternal perspective.  There is so much need here.. But like it said in the first verse I want to think about the mistreated (SO SO many of these village kids) as if I were suffering myself which means constantly.  That is where my thoughts and prayers should be.  How can I help.  The need can be overwhelming but there is so much we can do.  PRAY. Please be praying for these children to know God.  To know his love and acceptance, for their parents to take care of them.  They are suffering, neglected, mistreated, hungry, and God does care .

No comments: